Thursday 28 June 2012

    I read a book one day and my whole life was changed. Even on the first page I was so affected by the book's intensity I felt my body sever itself and pull away from the chair where I sat reading the book that lay before me on the table. But even though I felt my body dissociating, my entire being remained so concertedly at the table that the book worked its influence not only on my soul but on every aspect of my identity.It was so powerful influence that the light surging from the pages illuminated my face; its incandescence dazzled my intellect but also endowed it with brilliant lucidity.This was kind of light within which i could recast myself; I could lose my way in this light; I already sensed in the light the shadows of an existence I had yet to know and embrace.......

                                                                THE NEW LIFE, ORHAN PAMUK

1 comment:

  1. one of the finest writer ever born...passion for own country men and city Istambul made his pen-craft local flavour yet internationally accepted for inner views....thanks mallika for sharing ....keep writing

    ReplyDelete